HUMANE EDUCATION OFFICER
ANAW, a Non-Governmental Organization that works with communities, governments, and partners in Kenya and across Africa to promote humane treatment of all animals seeks to employ a qualified Humane Education Officer.
Roles and responsibilities
- Implement International Certificate in Humane Education (ICHE) and other relevant professional training courses.
- Deliver of the ICHE programme and other relevant professional training courses.
- Train and support AWC’s Patrons and school administrators to deliver the ICHE in local languages.
- Manage the implementation of Animal Welfare Education (AWE) through AWC’s in schools and other relevant avenues.
- Support the development of networks of professional humane educators
Knowledge and Skills Required Essential:
- First Degree in Education
- Five (5) years teaching experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- A Masters Degree in Education or related field will be an added advantage
- Have excellent communication, social and collaborative skills
- Have the capacity to motivate others
- Be a strategic thinker with a high level of professionalism
- Have excellent administrative and supervisory skills
- Experience in community based development interventions
- Experience in education/extension and practical training
- Experience in managing a team
- Ability to prepare and manage a budget
- Experience in community outreach, networking and collaboration
- Experience in working for an animal welfare organization
- Current valid driving license
Ability to present a professional image of the organization at all times.
Applications together with a detailed CV indicating names and addresses of three professional referees plus their day time contacts should be sent to the email below to be received not later than 18th January 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you will not have heard from us by 27th January 2017 please consider your application unsuccessful.
The Recruitment Committee
P.O. Box 3731 - 00506